The skin-friendly, non-sting, colourless spray is suitable for the fast topical irrigation, cleansing and moisturizing of acute and chronic superficial wounds (including scratches, abrasions, cuts, insect bites, piercings, tattoos, burns etc).
It reduces the risk of infection, hastens wound contraction which reduces pain and scarring, and keeps the wound clean and moist for faster healing*. Alcohol free, Globasept Wound Solution is also safe for use on mucous membranes, children and sensitive skins. Conforms to CE Medical Device directive 93/42/EEC.
*Additional Info on Moist Wound Healing:
In 1962, Dr. George D. Winter published research which showed that maintaining a moist wound environment facilitates the healing process. Since Winter’s original work was published, there has been a significant number of experimental and clinical studies providing further evidence that this method provides advantages for the patient. These studies were compiled into a table and published by Rippon, Ousey, Rogers and Atkin in 2016. Some of the benefits of moist wound treatment listed include:
- Up to 50% faster wound healing
- Faster wound contraction
- Enhanced and faster re-epithelialisation
- Preserves growth factors and other substances that promote cell growth and proliferation
- Promotes angiogenesis (new blood cell formation)
- Increases collagen synthesis and proliferation of fibroblasts
- Lower rate of infection
- Enhances breakdown of dead tissue and fibrin
- Less scarring and better cosmetic results
- Reduces wound pain in most patients