Ask an Expert
If you have a question about Sharps Bins our experts are here to help.
This sharps container range can be used for the safe disposal of hazardous sharps and objects that have been contaminated with medicines and their residues (such as contaminated needles, syringes or scalpels), but not cytotoxic or cytostatic waste.
- Safe (includes self-sealing mechanism)
- Durable (made from polypropylene)
- Highly visible
These containers are for disposal by incineration or other authorised process and are designed for the consignment of waste categorised by the following EWC codes: 18 01 01, 18 01 03, 18 01 09, 18 02 01, 18 02 02, 18 02 08.
The containers are manufactured to BS EN ISO 23907 and UN3291.
To ensure the containers are safe and simple to use there are assembly instructions (where applicable) and locking instructions on the label, along with the details about how to keep the users and contents safe in-between uses.
Please note that the litre listed for each bin is the capacity including the lid, however the bins should only be filled to the line indicated on the lid. When the container is full to the fill line (not overfilled) the container must be locked and disposed of safely. Care must be taken at all times when handling all Sharps and Clinical waste containers.
Sizes available include:
- 1 Litre sharps bin, ideal for phlebotomists. Its push-down, one-piece lid incorporates a vacutainer remover. Supplied with the lid assembled. Usable Capacity: 0.84 Litres. Container Size: H119mm x L204mm x W68mm
- 2.5 Litres general-purpose sharps container supplied with the base and lid separately. Usable Capacity: 2.21 Litres. Container Size: H166mm x L176mm diameter
- 3.75 Litres general-purpose sharps container supplied with the base and lid separately. Usable Capacity: 2.98 Litres. Container Size: H221mm x L176mm diameter.
- 5 Litres general-purpose sharps container supplied with the base and lid separately. Usable Capacity: 3.98 Litres. Container Size: H285mm x L176mm diameter
- 7 Litres multi-purpose sharps container supplied with the base and lid separately and a robust side handle. Usable Capacity: 5.80 Litres. Container Size: H207mm x L248mm diameter
Quantity: Available in 1l, 2.5l, 3.75l, 5l, 7l containers