Ask an Expert
If you have a question about SKINrePEN Comfort our experts are here to help.
SKINrePEN® Comfort is an innovative microneedling device designed for precision needling.
Produced in Germany, the patented CE Medical device features specially designed atraumatic cartridge heads for uniform and controlled micro needling, optimum patient comfort, a significant reduction in downtime and visible aesthetic results.
HOW IT WORKS
The sterile, single use cartridge needles are precision made in Germany and individually ground out of surgical stainless steel giving them an atraumatic design. They are arranged in a row of 5 or 9 creating a linear and even treatment pattern. This non-overlapping microscopic pattern enables precision needling with maximum patient comfort and are enough for the stimulation of collagen and elastin synthesis.
The needle tip is fully retracted after each insertion through the skin surface before a new one occurs.
The seamless needle depth adjustment during treatment is another plus point. Each area of skin can be treated with the optimal needle depth depending on indication and skin thickness.
The method is extremely effective and superior by its minimal invasiveness compared with other methods. No lacerations or overlapping needle insertions are produced allowing for wound closure as early as 12 to 15 minutes after treatment, reducing the visibility of redness and swelling (downtime).
This gentle anti-aging treatment with SKINrePEN improves the elasticity and refines the appearance of the skin in just a few short treatments.
ADVANTAGES COMPARED TO OTHER NEEDLING DEVICES
Compared to other needling devices, the SKINrePEN Comfort features a specially shaped needle cartridge which makes linear non-overlapping needle insertions. This enables uniform and controlled puncture wounds, allowing for a gentle, precise and efficient treatment.
The high insertion frequency - up to 150 insertions per second (150Hz) – allows almost painless needling making the use of topical anaesthetic in most cases unnecessary. In turn this allows for a shorter treatment time and does not produce multiple punctures with unnecessary redness or swelling.
Patient downtime can therefore be reduced to a couple of hours.
ADVANTAGES COMPARED TO ABLATAVES PROCEDURES
The main advantage of the SKINrePEN is that only the epidermis and the stratum corneum are penetrated and as a result the micro incisions close within 15 minutes. This minimises the risk of infection and shortens the healing phase resulting in minimum redness or swelling, if any. Additional benefits compared to ablative procedures such as dermabrasion, medium peels or laser resurfacing – is the lack of post-inflammatory pigmentation disorders as well as scar-free healing and better skin regeneration. Unlike ablative treatments, the epidermis remains intact.
KEY BENEFITS OF SKINrePEN
- Visible improvement in skin tone and elasticity
- Homogeneous, minimally invasive and even perforation of the epidermis without undue trauma
- Controlled needle insertion depth
- Virtually painless and can be used without anaesthetic (at up to 0.5 mm penetration depth)
- Shorter downtime and minimal risk of infection as the micro incisions close after 12 to 15 minutes
- Very little redness and swelling
- No damage to the epidermis or thinning of the skin layer
- The skin retains its natural UV protection
- Minimal risk of postoperative pigment disorders or scarring
- Produced in Germany, the patented CE Medical device comes with a 3 year’s manufacturer warranty (2 years for electronics)
- The sterile single use cartridges are handmade in Germany using precision ground surgical stainless steel needles with an atraumatic design
- Fine lines, wrinkles, sagging and general signs of ageing
- Poor skin tone and enlarged pores
- Acne scars and stretch marks
- Hyperpigmentation (sun damage and age spots)
- Thinning hair
Quantity: 1 device