Imperata Cylindrica (Root) Extract: Extracts of Imperata Cylindrica act as excellent long-term moisturizers. In fact, Imperata Cylindrica Extract can increase the level of skin hydration up to 24 hours after application. Its potential for increasing skin’s moisture is due to the fact, that this natural plant extract is rich in potassium and 3-dimethylsulfoniopropionate (DMSP). This helps increase intercellular osmosis, meaning water is drawn into the skin cells.
Hyaluronic acid (LMWHA): Hyaluronic acid plays a vital role in the synthesis of extracellular matrix molecules and epidermal cell interaction with the surrounding environment. It modulates cellular immunity by preventing infections and impeding allergic phenomena. One of its most important properties, however, is that it can bind and hold large amounts of moisture. Hyaluronic acid is a vital component for moisture retention in the skin.
Glycerin (vegan): Glycerin’s skin benefits are numerous, but it primarily serves to hydrate skin and help it hold on to moisture. Glycerin’s benefits also include:
- Helping to shield skin from environmental sources of irritation.
- Working with emollients and oils to help make dry skin feel amazingly soft and supple.
- Fortifying and strengthening skin’s precious moisture barrier.
- Enhancing the penetration of other ingredients into the skin’s uppermost layers.
- Improving skin’s resiliency and youthful look.
- Glycerin is also involved in the transport and activity of aquaporins in our skin’s surface. Aquaporins are proteins that channel the flow of vital hydrating substances (including water and glycerol) to the skin’s uppermost layers. They play a key role in maintaining the skin’s moisture balance, ensuring it feels smooth and comfortable even in drier climates.